Thursday, March 27, 2014

5th of my 15 Books to read

Rich Dad Poor Dad
By Robert Kiyosaki

Borrowed book from my office mate
Thank you so much to my office mate Renee for lending me this book.  Nakatipid ako! Hehehe!  Wow! Rich Dad Poor Dad change my perspective about MONEY.  It's not that, I became greedy but how I am going to treat money in my ever day life.  This book inspire me so much in all my plans.  I wish nabasa ko ito 15 years ago.  Me and my husband are into finance books lately.  We are addicted to be successful.  Syempre sino ba naman ang ayaw, if we have a chance di ba.  But it's not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice.  The reason why we spend our time learning, saving and investing.  Because of this book, I realized that we mismanaged our finances.  From our income, we acquire liabilities not assets.  So thank you to Robert Kiyosaki for awakening our minds on how to handle our finances and how to teach our kids about money.  So we are starting to increase our financial intelligence to enjoy the better life.

I'd like to share some statements from this book that awakened my mind.

"Deep down you were terrified of taking risks.  You really wanted to win, but the fear of losing was greater than the excitement of winning.  Deep inside, you and you only will know you didn't go for it.  You chose to play it safe."

"Money is a form of POWER.  But what is more powerful is financial education.  Money comes and goes, but if you have the education about how money works, you gain power over it and can begin building wealth.  The reason positive thinking alone does not work is because most people went to school and never learned how money works, so they spend their lives working for money."

"It is perfectly normal to desire something better, prettier, more fun or exciting.  So people also work for money because of DESIRE.  They desire money for the joy they think it can buy.  But the joy that money brings is often short lived, and they soon need more money for more joy, more pleasure, more comfort, more security.  So they keep working, thinking money will soothe their souls that are troubled by fear and desire.  But money can't do that."

 "It is not how much money you make, it's how much you keep and many generations you can keep it."

"The poor and the middle class often buy luxury items such as big houses, diamonds. furs, jewelry or boats because they want to look rich.  they look rich, but in reality they just get deeper in debt or credit."  (Awwwww....... tumpak na tumpak!)

"Being a good learners, sellers and marketers we need to be good teachers as well as good students.  To be truly rich, we need to be able to give as well as to receive."


"Failure inspires winners.  And failures defeats losers.  It is the biggest secret of winners.  It's a secret that losers do not know."

"Copying or emulating heroes is  true power of learning.  But heroes do more than simply inspire us.  Heroes make things look easy.  It is making it look easy that convinces us to want to be just like them.  If they can do it, so can I."

"Money is only an idea.  Learn to have money work hard for you and your life will be easier and happier.  Today, don't play it safe, play it smart."


Thank you for spending time reading my review.  I hope you get something from it.

Think Positive Be Positive!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Feel free to comment.