Sunday, July 13, 2014

100 Things to Thank for: Day#33-Investing in self care

Good Day Yamisweeters!  It's been a while.  Busyness strikes again and I missed my blogging goal.  Pero hindi ko naman nakakalimutan, I just want to make things in order para balance.  I am focusing on my mom and day jobs plus my photography project this coming Saturday.  So medyo, hinay hinay muna sa blogging though i want it everyday sana, kaya lang hindi talaga keribels.  Moms like me are busy people.  We start our day at 5:00 or even earlier,  then non-stop duties the whole day until almost midnight.  Kumusta naman????Haggard na!!! That's why we deserve a self-care.  "It's important to take care of yourself so that you can give, show love/happiness/kindness, and nurture others."

From this article, look what I've snipped.

"Ladies, self-care isn’t selfish, it’s self-preservation!  

This is an important point to remember.  Taking time out to treat your body like the temple it is can be very beneficial.  It can remind yourself and others that you and your needs are important, too. Having a well-cared-for body can make you feel good about yourself and your life, and conveys to others that you value yourself. This can contribute to long-term feelings of well-being.  People who neglect their own needs and forget to nurture themselves are at danger of deeper levels of unhappiness, low self-esteem and feelings of resentment. Sometimes people who spend their time only taking care of others can be at risk for getting burned out on all the giving, which makes it more difficult to care for others or themselves. Taking time to care for yourself regularly can make you a better caretaker for others.  When you don’t take care of yourself, you can get sick.  From headaches to catching every virus in the vicinity to developing heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and other illnesses"…


Today, I'm thankful for this.


Yes, I am taking care of myself through my daily workouts, reading, enjoying my passion and hanging out with family and friends.  But I realized that there are other things I'd like to get into:

-Occasional spa treatments.  I also enjoy massage and facials.  Pero dahil tipid tipid din pag may time.  Neglected sya ng matagal na panahon na.  Maybe, it's time for me to indulge myself into it once in a while.  I deserve din naman.

-Meditation.  Earlier today, I saw my fitness consultant.  She is convincing me to join the yoga class every Sunday and Monday.  But I told her that my schedule don't permit it.  And she said, give a little time.  It's only one hour, a time for yourself.  Oo nga naman!  kahit once a month lang.  It might help me in doing well with my emotional issues.

-Shopping.  Oh I love shopping!  It's really a good self-care. hahaha! Nakaka-relate!!!!!!! 


Spoiled na spoiled na raw ako sabi ni husband, but we must take care of ourselves in order to take care for others.(Lol!!!)

Ikaw?  Do you invest in self-care? What recharges your mental and physical batteries?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Feel free to comment.