Thursday, May 15, 2014

Midas Touch: 7th of my 15 Books to Read

Hola Yamisweeters!

Yipee! I'm on my 7th book.  I am beating my schedule for my goal this year to read about 15 books until December.  It's a feeling of self fulfilment, surpassing my own challenge. Hehehe!  For some I'm boring but this is my way on how to improve myself because I admit to myself that I have a lot to learn.  Even blogging is such a trying hard on my part because I have problems with composition and grammar but I believe that I can improve by way of reading and conversing.  Excuse me for that explanation (hihihi), what i've said is just a part of my insecurities. Yeah, but I'm coping up to beat that attitude, that's why I keep reading to realise my dream to be a writer and entrepreneur, like these two authors.(Lol!)

For now, while I'm working out for my dream, I'd like to share to you my latest read.



The second book of Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki.  This book is for entrepreneurs.  If you're thinking of starting your own business or you already have one and you want it to level up?  This book is a good investment because it gives fantastic insights and candid lessons to start and to succeed in business and entrepreneurship.   They shared their own stories on how they failed and how they became influential entrepreneurs in the United States and in the world.

The way they delivered their stories and the education they attained through experience makes me inspire to pursue my dream to be an entrepreneur in the near time.  I became so aggressive in looking for opportunities in business.  The five points of Midas Touch influenced not only to my aspiration as entrepreneur but also in dealing my everyday life.


Five points of Midas Touch:
1. Strength of Character
2. Focus
3. Your Brand
4. Relationship
5. The little things that count

I am so happy for this book, I learned a lot.  I am trying to apply those five points in pursuing my passion into photography.  I'm so encouraged with the following:

"The number of hours working or practicing for free also determines the level of success you will have in anything."

"Having a vision for something can be very powerful in accomplishment.  Be sure, mine is intact.  Seeing myself as victorious is a big first step and should stay in me in every step of the way.  Those who persevere, and those who take risks, have a real chance of acquiring the MIDAS TOUCH.  Most importantly, never give up.  And don't forget the learning curve.  Learn something new everyday."

"People often think a brand is a logo.  They think it's an advertising campaign or sales promotion.  It is none of these things.  A BRAND is two words: the 'Promise' you telegraph, and the 'Experience' you deliver." 

 "Business is easy. People are difficult.  Learning to deal with different people seems to be a process without end, and we can always learn more."

"Listening is a sign of respect.  Being interested rather than trying to be interesting is also a sign of respect.  Be respectful and you will win, not only in business but also in LIFE."

My greatest take away is that everyday is a journey of learning.  We don't need to go to expensive schools to achieve the lessons that we need to learn.  Every experience, whether good or bad are the ways of teaching.  And even the experience of other people.  The authors said, "Our creator gave us two eyes, two ears and only one mouth.  The message is: listen more, observe more and talk less."

If you want to read it, you can message me and I will lend it to you.

Thank you for dropping by, it's my pleasure to read comments from you.

Here are list of my books in case you missed it and wanna read my reviews:
1.The Alchemist
2. Tuesdays with Moorie
3. Eat That Frog
4. No Nonsense Personal Finance
5. Rich Dad Poor Dad
6. Why we want you to be Rich


I don't have the complete list yet.  Any recommendation?

Watch out for my next book: Good to Great by Jim Collins.  It's leadership book.  I look forward what can I learn from it.

Be Positive Think Positive!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Feel free to comment.